Dwyer Draft Gauge

This forum is for common products and questions such as chimney installations, CO detectors, coal bin designs and a variety of other general topics that do not fit into the other forums.
warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Frankenstove
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite
Other Heating: wood and a little LP

Post Sat. Nov. 07, 2015 3:35 pm

There are other pics on the site, but heres mine. A piece of brake line, mine was used, put thru a hole in the pipe with a little hi temp caulk around it (you could probably skip the caulk) and then I used wiper washer hose off an old car to connect it to the gauge. Make sure your gauge is completely level, and add the juice very slowly as its almost impossible not to overfill it.
Attachments
ebay other 077.JPG
ebay other 076.JPG
I'm just an old chunk of coal now Lord but I'm gonna be a diamond some day - Billy Joe Shaver

BunkerdCaddis
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yorker WC-90 or more likely a Van Wert VW85H [to be installed (soon, very soon)(well not as soon as I had anticipated]
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Waterford 105 pulling duty, Saey Hanover II getting dressed for the party
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post Sat. Nov. 07, 2015 3:36 pm

Lightning wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*fa·ce·tious
/fəˈsēSHəs/
adjective : treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
I don't believe there would be anyone who would be deliberately facetious in their treatment of the serious issues discussed in such earnest on this forum... :notsure: smilies, always remember the smilies... :D

Freespirit
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Pea or Nut
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Kodiak

Post Sat. Nov. 07, 2015 4:45 pm

Would this work? And what else would I need to hook it all together?

http://www.amazon.com/Weatherhead-S512-Domestic-V ... line+12%22

Freespirit
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Pea or Nut
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Kodiak

Post Sat. Nov. 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Would this work? What else would I need to go with it?

http://www.amazon.com/Weatherhead-S512-Domestic-V ... line+12%22

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Frankenstove
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite
Other Heating: wood and a little LP

Post Sat. Nov. 07, 2015 5:49 pm

Any smaller sized brake line that can be bought at any auto parts store. just so the brake line is made of steel and is small. Measure from where your meter will be and get one close to that long. Just drill the hole slightly smaller and you can screw it in, somewhat anyway. If it doesnt go in snug you may want some high temp caulk to put around it. On the other end, just slide the screw part up the line, slide the rubber part on (again your auto parts store should have rubber hose) It needs to be real small hose to fit the gauge, and may be real tight on the brake line. If you have trouble getting the hose onto the brakeline, put a small amount of oil on it. If that doesnt work, you can hacksaw off the flared end and put the hose on that way. You may or may not need to support the brakeline mid way to the meter, depending on your situation.
I'm just an old chunk of coal now Lord but I'm gonna be a diamond some day - Billy Joe Shaver

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post Sat. Nov. 07, 2015 6:05 pm

You don't need to seal the tube to the hole. I use a probe thermometer jammed in a hole in the elbow. I pull it out, stick the mano probe in and check the draft.
Nothing is impossible for people who don't have to do it themselves.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”