4" Direct Vent Pipe

This forum is for common products and questions such as chimney installations, CO detectors, coal bin designs and a variety of other general topics that do not fit into the other forums.
AlbanyTurf
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker koker lite
Other Heating: FHA oil furnace

Post Fri. Sep. 25, 2015 4:24 pm

Anyone familiar with the setting on these units? I noticed there is a rod in the back the goes in and out. Any ideas where that should be set?

MikeO88
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Propane

Post Mon. Sep. 28, 2015 10:13 am

Albany,
I have yet to be in a position to give out advice on this forum yet but, I'm a Koker owner as well, so here goes.

That rod controls an internal damper inside the direct vent housing to adjust your draft.

You won't really know what effect adjusting it has on your Koker unless you've got some way to measure your draft.

Measuring your draft on the Koker is done through the little pre drilled hole on the right side (if you're looking at the Koker) of the ash pan door.

You could use a manometer or a magnehelic to measure your draft through that hole.

Keystoker recommends a draft of -.02.

Once I have the proper draft set with that rod I tighten the set screw to hold it in place so it doesn't go "In and out" Even a quarter inch of movement in that rod could dramatically alter your draft settings.

Alternatively, if your draft if still off after adjusting the rod and taking a measurement, check the black circular restrictor plate on the convection blower (the fan that blows air under your coals) to make sure it's affixed so that it's about half covering the fan. There are two screw holes to put it exactly in this position.

Hopefully some of the other Koker owners can chime in, I'm still pretty green to all of this, but, the above is a reflection of my limited experience.

Mike.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”