Added Pressure Fill Valve

ShawnTRD
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA6 (New in April 2014)
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice
Other Heating: Weil Mclain WGO-2 (Net 75k BTU)

Post by ShawnTRD » Wed. May. 27, 2015 9:01 pm

So the old setup wasn't going to let me keep my KA6 filled with the oil boiler closed off from the KA6 (circulating loop). So now I can fire the coal back up for DHW/rust protection.

Attachments

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Thu. May. 28, 2015 8:39 am

Looks sweet ... when I put in my boiler after the original one took a crapper I had a leak at one of the screw-in fittings .. required to be disassembled...crummy pipe dope. No job is done w/o at least 3 trips to the hardware store, right?

a victory song 4 u today

ShawnTRD

Post by ShawnTRD » Thu. May. 28, 2015 9:44 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:No job is done w/o at least 3 trips to the hardware store, right?
Sad but true story.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Thu. May. 28, 2015 8:07 pm

Looks good Shawn. I'm running a boiler into the warm weather for the first time, its a good way to keep things from rusting. The only problem I have is my garage gets up over 90* in the day!

By the way, how is that white insulation you are using working out?

-Don

ShawnTRD

Post by ShawnTRD » Thu. May. 28, 2015 8:21 pm

I think it's working good. I just have it on the top, and the light stuff Keystoker sent it with on the sides.
StokerDon wrote:By the way, how is that white insulation you are using working out?

-Don
I just fired it back up at 5pm. Got a good fire going and turned my low temp setting down all the way. Hoping I can get it to stay cool enough on idle. My father in law can't idle without overheating. So I'm a little worried. I have the loop shut down so there is no over temp circulation. I just have the blow off. Do you think I would use much extra coal to circulate from coal boiler to oil boiler? Here are some old picture to show the loop I'm working with.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”