Best Chimney Construction

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Wed. Sep. 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Sorry to hear that an agreement hasn't been reached yet. I hope you can find a way to get it replaced soon.

pyro29
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby w/Blower
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Stove / Nut

Post by pyro29 » Fri. Oct. 30, 2015 5:16 pm

So the old chimney is torn down and the old footing was dug out today. Should be back in business and fired up by next weekend.

We went with a mix of rough cut stone and added a third flue for an outdoor fireplace, centered between the two other flues. It will be nice to have a fireplace on the deck so the wife can get her wood burning fix and I'll have two nice round flues for the GBH 8 and the Chubby in the basement. This has been a long 8 months, all I can think about is getting the base heater going.

I'll post pictures next week.

Brett

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sat. Oct. 31, 2015 1:06 pm

pyro29 wrote:So the old chimney is torn down and the old footing was dug out today. Should be back in business and fired up by next weekend.

We went with a mix of rough cut stone and added a third flue for an outdoor fireplace, centered between the two other flues. It will be nice to have a fireplace on the deck so the wife can get her wood burning fix and I'll have two nice round flues for the GBH 8 and the Chubby in the basement. This has been a long 8 months, all I can think about is getting the base heater going.

I'll post pictures next week.

Brett
That's great news :clap:

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Sat. Oct. 31, 2015 3:17 pm

Just be sure you have it built tall enough. When you think it's good - go a few feet higher. Make sure your mason is pouring pearlite or vermiculte around the tiles.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”