Standalone Humidifier or Whole House System?

Dallas
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Modified Russo C-35
Other Heating: Oil Hot Air

Post by Dallas » Fri. Nov. 27, 2015 3:59 pm

I threw in the towel on the "mist humidifier" And went back to my "Kenmore wick humidifier", .... after a couple of mods.. I had installed a humidistat controlled, 110 vac outlet, when I was setting up the mist unit. So, I plugged the Kenmore into that, which allows it to turn on and off automatically with the Honeywell Humidipro humidistat. (It was "semi automatic before) Also, since I had a 1/4" tubing water line in the same location, I added a Kerick float valve to the Kenmore for "auto-water fill". Barring any leaks, all I'll need to do, is change the wicks, as required.

Attachments

wick humid float.JPG
.JPG | 61.5KB | wick humid float.JPG

bernincoal
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Hyfire II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by bernincoal » Sun. Dec. 13, 2015 3:08 pm

If you have a good duct system, I suggest an Aprilaire 700. Works fantastically. No mold and very comfortable heat.

Dallas
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Modified Russo C-35
Other Heating: Oil Hot Air

Post by Dallas » Fri. Dec. 11, 2020 11:58 am

Just reading over, some of my older posts, ... Regarding the humidifier build:
That didn't work out, as the mist from the nozzle, condensed as soon as it hit the cooler air.
I finally, used a "console humidifier" with "wicking filters", with the water supply and fans, being controlled by the auto humidi-stat controls.

Kungur

Post by Kungur » Sat. Dec. 12, 2020 3:00 pm

We have a stoker boiler with radiant floor heat. I have a forced air system also. I sometimes run the blower and humidifier but really hate the sound of the blower running constantly.
Any thoughts for a big unit we could put in the living area?

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”