Difference Between Power Venters

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Tue. Dec. 09, 2014 8:02 am

I need to know the difference between two types of SWG power venters. One is the SWG 4HD and the other is the SWG 4AF.

I have searched but can't find anything that tells me when to use the HD and when to use the AF. Both appear to do the same job and I just need to know what the HD and the AF stand for.

Thanks in advance.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Tue. Dec. 09, 2014 8:52 am

Maybe no help to you, but the HD, I thought is stainless steel and better for corrosive fuels and costs more.

On the other hand, the AF was not s.s. and not for highly corrosive fuels, but it costs less.

maybe there's more ??? IDK :roll:

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Tue. Dec. 09, 2014 10:15 am

I finally got through to SWG. The HD stands for heavy duty and the AF stands for all fuel. I also found out that Leisure Line uses the 4AF and Reading uses the 4HD. You can get either in Stainless Steel. Just add about $200. Now I know I can get the 4HD at Home Depot or Craigs list or Ebay. The 4AF gets ordered from LL dealers. I couldn't find it on the SWG site and none showed up on CL or Ebay. A google search took me to LL dealers. There is about a $50 difference between the two and they both do the same thing.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”