Very Happy with Coal-Trol

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: None Yet
Other Heating: FHW Oil

Post by 404 » Tue. Nov. 18, 2014 7:59 am

Have got my Pocono running with the coal troll, and everything works great. I plugged it in, set the temp to 68, and after 24 hours my 50 degree basement is at... wait for it.... 68.

A day later it is still at 68. Now I can work down there this winter. :love:

Thank you :D :D :D

Regards,

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Nov. 18, 2014 9:18 am

Yep, great combination. I have that combo in an ag. building and it makes life a breeze.

Post by 404 » Thu. Nov. 20, 2014 10:43 pm

So amazingly it turns out 68 is too warm for the house in winter.. Have not had it this warm for 20 years or more. Turned it down to 65. Interface is so well designed I did not even have to read the manual to figure out how to save the new temp.. It just does it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Thu. Nov. 20, 2014 10:57 pm

The more time you spend with the Coal-trol the more you will like it's features. I went from a hand fed (hopper feed) for 28 years to a stoker. I optioned up with the Coal-trol and never looked back. You also might get spoiled with a warmer house on your terms. I set mine up so when the bride gets up early she has a nice warm family room to come to before heading out to work. I have no comments of being cold from her any more. Happy wife is a happy life :lol: I have plenty of oppotunites to disappoint her elsewhere.

Post by 404 » Fri. Nov. 21, 2014 9:15 am

2001Sierra wrote:The more time you spend with the Coal-trol the more you will like it's features. I went from a hand fed (hopper feed) for 28 years to a stoker. I optioned up with the Coal-trol and never looked back. You also might get spoiled with a warmer house on your terms. I set mine up so when the bride gets up early she has a nice warm family room to come to before heading out to work. I have no comments of being cold from her any more. Happy wife is a happy life :lol: I have plenty of oppotunites to disappoint her elsewhere.
So true about a happy wife! I have day and night temp set the same for now.

The stove is in the basement, and funny thing the basement stayed same all the time, but over a period of days the upstairs temp rose to almost match the basement temp.

Regards,

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”