Masons in Eastern Ct

confedsailor
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 100 KBtu Chappee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac 513
Other Heating: Oil Fired 1950"s American Standard Arcoliner 132K BTU

Post by confedsailor » Wed. Nov. 12, 2014 3:52 am

Does anyone know of a good mason in eastern Ct, someone who will actually show up and write up an estimate when he says he will...

I talked to B.W. Dexter, and they referred me to one who actually sent me a bid, but I don't want to build a chimney on just a single quote. esp a 5700 dollar one.

Part of me wants to put the damn thing up myself. However, I'm a Freemason not a mason, and I don't want my first exploration into bricklaying to be on something so critical.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. Nov. 12, 2014 5:58 am

I did see some civil cases on the CT online court web site ... B.W. Dexter search .....

[This case is a paperless file] HHD-CV14-6051075-S SUPERIOR PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTORS, INC. v. B.W. DEXTER II, INC.

Was one that would concern me using them as a contractor

Ed.A
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Ed.A » Wed. Nov. 12, 2014 6:12 am

Probably one of the best know Contractors in the state. If that's all that came up , then I wouldn't worry about them giving me a referral to someone that could help.

confedsailor
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 100 KBtu Chappee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac 513
Other Heating: Oil Fired 1950"s American Standard Arcoliner 132K BTU

Post by confedsailor » Wed. Nov. 12, 2014 6:16 am

Well, they are much too big to build a chimney for me, the mason they referred to me is a separate company. The spot where I'm adding the Chimney is on the porch, so there is a great deal of hand digging in the quote, which would account for a great deal of the cost. I replied to the fellow that I'd rather dig the hole myself and present him with a work-ready job site.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. Nov. 12, 2014 7:56 am

confedsailor wrote:Well, they are much too big to build a chimney for me, the mason they referred to me is a separate company. The spot where I'm adding the Chimney is on the porch, so there is a great deal of hand digging in the quote, which would account for a great deal of the cost. I replied to the fellow that I'd rather dig the hole myself and present him with a work-ready job site.
A good idea. When I looked into new AC .. I got quotes of 8-10K ... I tore out the old stuff and got new quotes .. 4K ... sweet and easy.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”