Need a Small "Radiator"

Kungur

Post by Kungur » Wed. Jan. 22, 2014 5:24 pm

I have a KA-2 with radiant floor heat. But when the temps get way down like we have recently had the office/mud room could use a bit more heat. I was wondering about a small section of radiator that I could run some pex to with a small circulator.
Would anyone have some suggestions on a radiator? Anyone have something that would like to part with?

waldo lemieux

Post by waldo lemieux » Wed. Jan. 22, 2014 5:52 pm

I have lots of radiators but it would be wicked expensive to ship. search for cast iron radiator on your area craigslist. You should have no trouble finding something local

Waldo

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Jan. 22, 2014 5:56 pm

https://www.google.com/#q=broadway+wrecking+cleveland

Local In Cleveland. Dismantlers of Homes and Commercial Structures-Give'm a try,Kungur :up:

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Wed. Jan. 22, 2014 6:40 pm

For a small area like that I suggest a small wall or floor mount toe kick heater. I had one in my living room that I hooked up to a solar system. It put out decent heat for it's size. I did a lot of research before deciding on this unit. I had the type FS-A. You need a 110 volt power source available for the small fan and you can run 1/2 inch copper or pex rated for heating. The coil unit mounts to the wall with two screws and the cabinet sits over it and secures to the coil unit with two screws on the sides. Neat little units. This spring one of my projects is to put one in two of the upstairs bedrooms. I'm remodeling the upstairs and before I replace the floors I'll run more electrical and pipe the hot water to these guys. The one I had was about 4 inches deep and 24 inches long by if I remember right 24 inches high.

I am not affiliated with or in any way associated with the manufacturer or any dealer or distributor. Just a satisfied user passing on info. :

Try this link for photo's and all the manuals provided for free downloads. :D

http://beacon-morris.com/html/steam_hot_water_hyd ... c_heat.asp

Rev. Larry
New Beginning Church
Ashland Pa.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”