How Come Dealers Don't ...

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 7:59 pm

How come dealers and stove shops don't sell manometers and C.O. detectors. We are constantly asking new coal burners if they have these 2 very important items. C.O. detectors are easily had but waiting for my manometer was torture!
Let's hear it!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:08 pm

Sure as Hell is a Great Question ! Probably some Legal/Insurance Mumbo Jumbo,although I can't come up with a good reason why! :bang:

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Not only should they sell these items, they should insist their customers purchase them with the stove and tell them why they are so important!!!
:yearight: :mad3:

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:29 pm

thats one hell of a good question :eek2: never really thought about it before you said it... I cant think of a good answer :cry: I don't think it would be insurance or liability related (i would think NOT having them and NOT suggesting and/or recommending and/or advocating their use would be a MUCH larger liability/warranty/insurance issue on couple fronts #1 I overfired my stove because draft was high and its the dealers fault because I had no mano available or suggested #2 my inlaws are dead because the stupid dealer sold products, installed products, marketed products without the proper accessories for that product.... I want my 10 Mil NOW!

it should be law that they sell them, show them, suggest them... stove manufactures should advocate that their dealer networks make available both of these products, etc....

GG MA! for shedding light on a subject that is ABSOLUTELY true yet I never thought about before you said it :clap:
Last edited by dcrane on Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:31 pm

[quote="Lightning"]Not only should they sell these items, they should insist their customers purchase them with the stove and tell them why they are so important!!!
:yearight: :mad3:[/quote]

exactly bro, how many times THIS SEASON did you ask, "do you have a manometer?" I would rather have the first question be..."what does your manometer say?"

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:32 pm

[quote="dcrane"]thats one hell of a good question :eek2: never really thought about it before you said it... I cant think of a good answer :cry: I don't think it would be insurance or liability related (i would think NOT having them and NOT suggesting and/or recommending and/or advocating their use would be a MUCH larger liability/warranty/insurance issue on couple fronts #1 I overfired my stove because draft was high and its the dealers fault because I had no mano available or suggested #2 my inlaws are dead because the stupid dealer sold products, installed products, marketed products without the proper accessories for that product.... I want my 10 Mil NOW!

it should be law that they sell them, show them, suggest them... stove manufactures should advocate that their dealer networks make available both of these products, etc....

GG MA! for shedding light on a subject that is ABSOLUTELY true yet I never thought about before you said it :clap:[/quote]

Maybe our friends from L.L. can enlighten us or start a trend!

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:33 pm

michaelanthony wrote:
Lightning wrote:Not only should they sell these items, they should insist their customers purchase them with the stove and tell them why they are so important!!!
:yearight: :mad3:
exactly bro, how many times THIS SEASON did you ask, "do you have a manometer?" I would rather have the first question be..."what does your manometer say?"
Hmmm... I cant think of a stove dealer near me that sells these.... gotta be a way to make $$$ of this idea :idea:

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Maybe the dealers are afraid it would complicate the user experience and scare potential customers away from purchasing the stove... I'm sure its all about the sale.. :x

They probably just figure if the customer has issues, they can get into these items to fix it.. Lets just worry about selling the stove first.. :shifty:

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Possible Good yet Unscrupulous Point,Dr. Lightning! I brought up the Stupid Liability/Legal Thing due to the fact in Ohio,if you maintain a sidewalk(snow removal) and someone falls your pants can get sued right off. If you don't do snow removal,you're supposedly fine. Sorta' defies my sense of common sense,logic and gravity. Thought the same Screwball Deal could be applied to this rather Fantastic Topic ! :bang:

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:45 pm

How many pages did we have on Barometric Dampeners? An that's on a coal forum. Do you realize the calls we would get. :)

BTW they are available from our dealers. Not sure who stocks them but.

Hambden Bob

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:48 pm

What's A Barometric Damper? :lol: toothy :woot: :bang:

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:51 pm

[quote="dcrane"]

Hmmm... I cant think of a stove dealer near me that sells these.... gotta be a way to make $$$ of this idea :idea:[/quote]

Hey dc, would you like to purchase the rights to Massachusetts? toothy I'll purchase the Maine rights, maybe we can get lightning to take New York! :P

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:56 pm

In the front door and out the back, were a guy with a crooked nose and an Armani suit in a cloud of cig smoke grabs you by the scruff of you neck and say's.."you want one o' deez right.. RIGHT!

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Lets see stove dealer's usually are coal dealers.... so if inefficient coal burner to start means more coal sales to start. Not too hard to figure out. Not shaming the dealers, everyone goes thru the learmning process... controls, house upgrades, etc, etc.... but a manometer would help to identify causes of some of newbies problems with flue/chimney issues if they do exsist. Co sensors good no matter what heating appliance one uses. you burn a hydrocarbon based fuel Co is created. Unless the heat source is outside the inhabitated structure.

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Tue. Jan. 21, 2014 9:00 pm

If you make it sound more complicated, people will go another route. They get away w/ pushing unnecessary chimney liners because the industry has done such a good job with propaganda on those.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”