- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue. Nov. 05, 2013 5:42 am
- Coal Size/Type: kimmels pea
- Other Heating: budarus 4 zone boiler
- Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer 503 insert/hopper
- Posts: 12570
- Joined: Wed. Nov. 23, 2005 9:17 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
- Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Pea
- Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75
- Location: N/E Ohio, between Medina and Wadsworth
The ashes look normal to me.
- Verified Business Rep.
- Posts: 3112
- Joined: Sun. Apr. 22, 2012 9:28 am
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404
- Location: Duxbury, MA./Hanson MA./Brockton, MA
lsayre wrote:The ashes look normal to me.
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 8579
- Joined: Wed. Nov. 05, 2008 5:11 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
- Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
- Coal Size/Type: nut and pea
- Location: Kent CT
In the picture the ash door is open. That should give you a raging fire. If it does not then draft is too weak or the front door is really leaking badly, which I doubt.