Dump Zone

memco man
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 KA-6 Keystoker
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Tarms 504
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska liberty
Hand Fed Coal Stove: jotul NR 507, crane coal cooker 44, crane 404, chubby w/blower, chubby w/out blower, franco blege 10-475 Montgomery ward laundry stove Moore's Brother seventeen circulator stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/anthracite/pea
Other Heating: harman p68, elmtree,harthstone,new mack

Post by memco man » Fri. Jan. 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Well just when I think that I have the tiger by the Tail something happens the chappee is running very smooth and holding its own to make a long story short I don't have enough registers in the house (it is sort of a work in progress and is slowly getting there) with all the cold weather that we are having I had to fire up the pellet stove and the wood stove and between all three the house is running at 72* without a whole lot of work.
The problem that I am having is that the chappee overheated today I thought that I had the dump zone figure out but after this afternoon it was obvious that I don't what I did is hooked a the 24 volt line to the 4006b rheostat and then to the taco relay to dump into the main house zone thinking that would keep the boiler cool well much to my dismay :? :?: :o it did not start the circulator by the time I got there it was starting to cook thank goodness I got there when I did any suggestions wood be really appreciated
thank you
memco man

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sat. Jan. 04, 2014 12:42 am

I think that all you need to do is wire the 4006b to the same two terminals as the thermostat on the main house loop. It should be non powered, dry contacts for the TT's so when you reach the preset overheat temp, say 210 degrees, it would act just as a TT connection, activating the circ or zone valve. I'd suggest that you might want to add some more radiators or a modine to scrub off that overheat situation. ....and you thought (like many of us) that a memco could actually heat.......now you KNOW what really heats!!!!! Must be -20 outside your house...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :!:

memco man
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 KA-6 Keystoker
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Tarms 504
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska liberty
Hand Fed Coal Stove: jotul NR 507, crane coal cooker 44, crane 404, chubby w/blower, chubby w/out blower, franco blege 10-475 Montgomery ward laundry stove Moore's Brother seventeen circulator stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/anthracite/pea
Other Heating: harman p68, elmtree,harthstone,new mack

Post by memco man » Sat. Jan. 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Well I will try this again I don't know what happen but I lost my post :o I have not had that happen for a long time first of all thank you Whistlenut for the information that should fix the problem I was putting 24 v to the 4006b then back to the relay I needed the voltage for another bypass I don't know what I was thinking when I ran that back to the relay :oops: lucky there is another rheostat that I can hook to and that should take care of the problem.
You are right I do need more registers I am working on that I am working on putting in two more zones upstairs in the bed rooms but my biggest problem is down stairs in the family room I put radiant heat in the floors and when it gets really cold it won't keep up that is why I have the pellet stove in it and I think that I am going to put the Franko-Belge back in and take the pellet stove over to my other house for my daughter to use the other problem is when I put my counters in I had to remove about 18' of base board and I have not been able to figure out how to replace it I think that I will try a kickspace heater what I think would work best is a few of the old cast iron registers I have found Three of them and the guy wants to sell them but I don't know what they are worth he said make an offer but I have no ideal what to offer also I have no ideal what to look for to tell if they are any good or not :?
Yes it did get down to 20 below last night but it was 72* in the house :D and the best thing is I did not have to work my tail off to get it there and keep it there I only burned about 90 lbs. of coal in 24 hr :D from what I have been reading that is about the norm I do know for sure but what I do know is that if that was the memco I probable would have burned about 150 to 200 lbs. in 24 hr. and would not had enough heat to keep the house warm. ******!!!!!!!!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Jan. 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Really Glad you caught it all before it became one Hell of a problem ! It's way too cold up by you to have troubles during this Cold Blast ! Stay with it and good luck...Thanx,Whistlenut,you threw him some good thoughts! :yes:

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”