EZ Flue Cleaning

This forum is for common products and questions such as chimney installations, CO detectors, coal bin designs and a variety of other general topics that do not fit into the other forums.
L-Bow
Stove/Furnace Make: Ketstoker 70,000
Stove/Furnace Model: Keystoker 70,000

Post Mon. Jan. 14, 2008 4:49 pm

I bought, at Lowes for $37.00 a product called LINT EATER". It is intended for cleaning 4" clothes dryer line, but I figured what the heck, let's give it a go on the next shutdown cleaning event. I gave it a try on my 6" flue, to get the flyash from the Keystoker 70k, and I consider it a rousing success. Basic componet is 4 @3' fiberglass rods which screw together, then the brush screws to the "Business end" and the other end chucks-up to your cordless drill. Because it's spinning, the brush "walks" easily through the flue. I'm now looking for a 5" brush, but the 4" does a flop and wobble that sooner or later hits everything.
Now the best part. Also included is a 4" cap with 2 holes . One allows the rods to pass through , and the other accepts your shopvac hose. I put a 6"-4" reducer on my "cleanout T" so I have a +/- airtite dustfree flue cleanout system. Additional rods are available so I should be able to clean my entire SS CHIMNEY LINER from my basement.
I love it when a plan comes together.
Sorry ,I'm currently without a camera so my 1000 words will have to be as good as a picture.
Off thread! Matthaus, could you please send me your PM so that I could get on the Manometer list?? Thanks
Larry Bowen
Keystoker puttin' out 70k and my tails waggin'. Happy Dog!

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post Mon. Jan. 14, 2008 10:05 pm

Is this a test or you just posted in wrong section? This section is for testing forum features, it's not for questions.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

- Albert Einstein

av8r
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth model with twin turbos

Post Tue. Jan. 15, 2008 9:51 am

It would appear to be posted in the wrong forum.
"Fools you are. To say you learn by your experience. I prefer to profit by others' mistakes and avoid the price of my own."

- Otto von Bismarck

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”