Stove With Coal-Trol Won't Shut Off?

This forum is for common products and questions such as chimney installations, CO detectors, coal bin designs and a variety of other general topics that do not fit into the other forums.
spc
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Post Wed. Jan. 09, 2008 4:19 pm

gambler wrote:I set my coal-trol to set back 2 degrees every weekday while nobody is home and it starts to ramp up the 2 degrees at 4:30. I rarely see an overshoot unless the outside temps are on the warmer side. If I try to setback 3 degrees I get an overshoot by 2 degrees just about every time.
Hi gambler, Whats your min-max settings? Thanks.
Stephen
"Lord, free me of myself so I can please You." - Michaelangelo
“Christianity has not been tried and found false — it’s been tried and found too difficult.”-C.S. Lewis

traderfjp
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing 3

Post Wed. Jan. 09, 2008 4:46 pm

I doubt 2 degrees makes much of a dent. I usually set my manual feed back to idle when I leave which is about 8-10 degrees. When I get home I turn the feed rate to 5 and when it gets to about 3 degrees of the final temp I want I set it back to 3.
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert in any coal or plumbing related field. I only post my own experiences, research and common sense. If you choose to use any of the information in this post or any other post you do so at your own risk.

gambler
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Post Wed. Jan. 09, 2008 8:44 pm

spc wrote:
gambler wrote:I set my coal-trol to set back 2 degrees every weekday while nobody is home and it starts to ramp up the 2 degrees at 4:30. I rarely see an overshoot unless the outside temps are on the warmer side. If I try to setback 3 degrees I get an overshoot by 2 degrees just about every time.
Hi gambler, Whats your min-max settings? Thanks.
I have my min feed set at 4 and my max feed set at 35
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”