Manometer Loaner Program

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Sun. Jan. 11, 2009 11:11 am

To all those folks out there patiently waiting for your manometer to arrive please make sure you have sent me a PM with your mailing address and a contact phone number. Once you receive the manometer either call me or send a PM to confirm you have received it. If you require instructions or help you can PM or call me as well.

Thank you for participating. :)

Morith

Post by Morith » Thu. Feb. 19, 2009 7:12 pm

I realize that I am probabIy breaking the rules but I think you will be able to help me. I went out and purchased a Dwyer meter. The plan is to install the meter on a my coal furnace permanently. Somewhere someone (possibly you) has figured out a great way to do this. The fitting supplied is plastic and will melt. What do I use? How about the heat issue with the tubing? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Morith

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Thu. Feb. 19, 2009 9:03 pm

No rules broken here. :) Simple get a small length of metal tube from the hardware store that will fit the hose and install it through a hole that you drill in the stack, just make sure you drill the hole between the furnace and barometric damper

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Mon. Sep. 14, 2009 10:36 am

Just a reminder, we have three manometers in circulation and so far only one request this year... get while they're idle! :P :lol:

vwgtiman

Post by vwgtiman » Tue. Sep. 22, 2009 5:37 am

Please put me on the list. Check your PM's. This is a nice idea. I just got done putting in my EFM 350 and am ready to check draft. Thanks.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. Sep. 22, 2009 6:45 pm

You are on, a manometer will be on the way in a few days. :)

My apologies to Wissaman and Zeph, it seems the other two units I had out last year that were supposed to be forwarded are not coming back so I'll get their units out as well. :roll:

vwgtiman

Post by vwgtiman » Wed. Oct. 07, 2009 1:20 pm

Any word on when this may be sent out? I have my efm burning for two weeks now. If I am far down on the list I may try to get one from another source.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Oct. 07, 2009 7:31 pm

Sorry for the delay, has been a little slower than expected getting replacement units for the ones lost last year.... I would recommend buying on ebay if you want to buy a magnehelic (no oil) or Dwyer MK II Model 25 (oil filled). You can usually find them for around $25 plus shipping. If you purchase a magenehelic get one that is 0 to .25" WC (the 0 to .5" WC can work as well just not as easy to read in the range we are looking at). Please let me know if you decide to buy one, I hope to get yours and Wissaman's out tomorrow (of course you can see my track record so far on keeping my word! :P :lol:

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Thu. Oct. 08, 2009 6:31 pm

All the manometers went out today, no one is on the waiting list. :)

vwgtiman

Post by vwgtiman » Sat. Oct. 10, 2009 2:46 pm

It came today in time for the weekend! Arrived well in good packing. I will use it this weekend and get it packed up for the next person.

Halleys5
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Reading Juanita

Post by Halleys5 » Mon. Oct. 12, 2009 8:38 am

I'd like to get on the list although I'm not sure I know what I'm checking for.

I need(want) to buy an outside negative pressure direct vent (for safety) but the ones I've looked at say I should be getting a 3" or 4" based on my BTUs, my top vent Channing is 6". Does a guy just neck it down??? And I guess I need an additional air damper somewhere inside but how do I set it? How do I adjust the direct vent so it's not just over-cranking the combustion fan and making the stoker run faster than it should?

Can anyone help with some "how-to" links or something step by step?
I am only going straight up from the stove about 2', then a 90, then another 16" to the exterior wall.

Also if anyone has a scan of a manual for a Channing 2, I would REALLY appreciate that. AND could anyone recommend an outdoor direct vent model and an indoor additional air damper?
Thanks for ANY help!

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Mon. Oct. 12, 2009 11:19 am

Alaska sells a powervent kit that includes the 6" by 4" adapter. So does LL, their kit is more complete and includes a rheostat to control the draft, but they are only UL listed for use with LL stoves. You will need a barometric damper, WMO-1 safety switch, rheostat and adpater. Talk with your Alaska dealer to see what he (or she) offers.

You should repost your questions in a new post in "venting, plumbing..." and there are plenty of folks who can give advice and help you with the setup and running of your stove.

Once you install your PV you can borrow a manometer to verify your settings, however I would not recommend running a power vent without running a manometer to monitor draft. If you want to get on the loaner list simple PM me with your address and phone number and you will be on the top of the list for the next one available. :)

Halleys5
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Reading Juanita

Post by Halleys5 » Mon. Oct. 12, 2009 1:25 pm

You should repost your questions in a new post in "venting, plumbing..." and there are plenty of folks who can give advice and help you with the setup and running of your stove.

Thanks Matthaus,
I had originally posted to the "venting" page but didn't hear anything back. I just ordered a FieldControls RC, and will now try to find a LL dealer near me for the power vent. I like the idea of the LL being more "complete" than the Alaska.

It going to be 40 here tomorrow. I'm behind the curve...

finelinevan

Post by finelinevan » Wed. Nov. 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi how can I get one of these manometer units to check my keystoker k6 ? The draft gadge I tried to use I could not get it to respond when I insatlled the boiler last March.If I can barrow it I can check mine, my buddies, and everyone I have turned on to coal the past year here in the neighborhood. 8-)

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Nov. 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Send me a PM with your address and a good phone contact number, we have one available for immediate dispatch! :)

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”