Manometer Loaner Program

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Fri. Jan. 18, 2008 10:04 pm

Hi jersey, try starting a new thread in the hand fired forum, that will probably get you the answer you are looking for. I really have no idea bout your brand of stove, and no real experience with hand fed stoves. :)

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sat. Jan. 19, 2008 11:35 am

Most hand fireds will top out at .06, I would not go beyond that for an initial setting.

jersey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warmmorning 400
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by jersey » Sun. Jan. 20, 2008 10:47 am

thanks for the info, i'll move this over to the hand fired ,p.s.i have a manometer.i have .05@ the stove and .035 breach :) thanks again

elvinpw

Post by elvinpw » Mon. Jan. 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Okay, I'd like to sign up for the loaner program. My stove won't be ready until Sat Jan 26th 2008. Any chance of getting use of the manometer after that? I live way up in State o' Maine. It was 2.7 degrees actual temp this morning by my digital thermometer. But the wind/chill has been MINUS 11-15 degrees F. Would have been a good week to test out a new coal stove . . . .

Thanks!

Peter

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Mon. Jan. 21, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi elvin, congratulations on your stove purchase. Please PM me your shipping and contact info and I will get you on the list. We now have two of the units in circulation so I will make sure the next available unit is there for you. :)

14x300

Post by 14x300 » Wed. Jan. 23, 2008 5:13 pm

I have a Channing III and it was professionally installed. They adjusted the draft when they installed, but I recently took it apart to clean, and may have knocked it out. Plus it seems I am losing a lot of hot air outside. Being new to this, I am not sure how warm the air should feel to the touch, but I think it is excessive. I should mention I am running a power vent. How can I take part in this loaner program? I live in Dallas, Pa. and work in Dunmore, so instead of mailing it, maybe I could arrange to pick it up or meet for exchange. Let me know and thanks!

elvinpw

Post by elvinpw » Mon. Feb. 11, 2008 11:21 pm

Just won a bid on ebay for a dwyer model 25. In the meantime I have purchased anew one. If someone is willing to pick up the shipping, I will pay for the unit and have it mailed to the next person on the list. But I don't have any "kit" and I've never seen the unit.

Here's the unit on ebay: Dwyer Flex Tube Manometer Filter Gage (0-3"WG) NR (180213017978)
LsFarm wrote:With the help of Matthaus, we have decided to start a Manometer Loaner program. The way it will work is like this. Depending on the number of people responding, either one or two Dwyer Manometers will be sent out to the first person requesting to use the Manometer. Once 'borrower' #1 is done with the Manometer [ no more that one week please], then 'borrower' #1 will mail the Manometer to 'borrower' #2, and so on.

Matthaus has offered to be the person to recieve PM's to track who is next to get the Manometer, and to give the address to the current 'borrower' to send the manometer on to the next user.

The 'kit' that Matthaus will send out will have the items needed to measure your draft in your flue or in the firebox.
The kit will include:
the Dwyer Manometer
hose
metal tube [probe] for inserting into flue or stove
drill bit for drilling hole for the probe.
Directions.
List of parts to check before sending to next user [we don't want to shortchange the next user!! ]
PLEASE be carefull to keep the kit complete.

The user or borrower will need to have an electric drill motor
and have some high temp tape to cover the hole in your flue or stove.

If there is a very high demand I will also provide a second Manometer to get two kits in
circulation.

This loaner program will allow people who are 'just currious' to see what the draft is in their
stove and chimney setup. Some folks will decide they want to own a manometer, I'm trying to
get a wholesale price on a quantity purchase of maybe ten manometers at a time... I'll have to see
what the interest is, [and the price] I don't want to own five or ten item$$ that I only need one of.

The loaner program will also allow for a 'one time' check to see if your barometric damper's factory scale
is close to being accurate.

So to get this started, PM Matthaus to get on the list. First come first sent. If the demand is high enough that one
Manometer won't be able to make it's rounds to all the people on the list, I'll make a kit and mail out my spare Manometer to the next person on Matthaus's list.

So lets see how much interest there is...

Greg L

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. Feb. 12, 2008 4:50 pm

That was a nice buy Peter! The next person on the list is BinghamtonNY, you could PM him and see if he is interested. If not I will purchase that unit from you, and can send the amount for the unit plus shipping and and you can have it sent to me. I'll PM you my address.

On the subject of the kit, we merely assembled an inflation needle for a ball and a small metal tube to the existing hose for interface with the various size holes in the flue. I can explain what is needed if you end up sending it to BinghamtonNY.

Thanks for playing. :)

MountainPreacher

Post by MountainPreacher » Fri. Feb. 15, 2008 10:57 pm

Where is this kit now? Is it available?

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Fri. Feb. 15, 2008 11:47 pm

Hey rev, PM me with your address and I will forward it to the person who gets done first, you are first in line after the folks who have it next (that was a fancy way of saying you are second in line along with BinghamtonNY.... :lol: :lol: )

Right now the next in Line for one of them has been waiting to receive it (elvinPW, so might be a little delay, but probably not more than a couple weeks. :)

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Sat. Feb. 16, 2008 4:38 am

hey where can I get a manometer like jc and gaw have? little hand held unit about the size of a pack of smokes.....i have a dwyer on the efm but i'd prefer the little hand held guy and someone can have my dwyer cheap

coalstoves
Location: Mt.Carmel Pa. Located on The Western Middle Anthracite Field

Post by coalstoves » Sat. Feb. 16, 2008 8:55 am

lincolnmania wrote:hey where can I get a manometer like jc and gaw have? little hand held unit about the size of a pack of smokes.....i have a dwyer on the efm but i'd prefer the little hand held guy and someone can have my dwyer cheap
Did it look like this
**Broken Image Link(s) Removed**

lincolnmania
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond

Post by lincolnmania » Sat. Feb. 16, 2008 9:01 am

yes very similar

coalstoves
Location: Mt.Carmel Pa. Located on The Western Middle Anthracite Field

Post by coalstoves » Sat. Feb. 16, 2008 9:20 am

coalstoves wrote: Did it look like this
**Broken Image Link(s) Removed**
lincolnmania wrote:yes very similar
Pricey item over a $100 new

lincolnmania

Post by lincolnmania » Sat. Feb. 16, 2008 9:49 am

100 bucks isnt bad when the bucks are rollin in.......be nice to have one along with my raytek raynger st which is great for checkin surface temps and messin with the cats

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”