Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 260

Post by coalrunner » Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Amen brother!!!

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Wed. Feb. 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Matt hasn't sent out Dwyer Mark II 's for at least a year,, the red fluid spilled, too messy to set up, etc..

Matt out of his own pocket bought a bunch of Magnehelic draft gauges.. these are NOT cheap.. they are an aircraft or industrial quality gauge that only needs to be set verticle, and a hose hooked up.. no fluid, no leveling, easy to read etc..

I had not heard that Matt was having problems with returns since he instituted the no phone number, no manometer policy..

To be very honest this is pretty sad.. I started this program, [read the first post in the thread] and handed it off to Matt, since he at the time had a lot more time to work the program..

But there always seems to be a rotten apple to spoil the barrel full.

Seriously disapointed in whoever has not returned the manometers..

AS for the threatening comments.. yes let's end those,, the thieves have, if they even read the comments, got the point.. If we expect to get the manometers back, we need to back off on the negativity..

you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar !!

Greg L

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Sat. Oct. 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Anyone who has a manometer from me should please return it, I lost track last year with all the other projects I had going on. On another note we at Leisure Line are offering the Dwyer 460 Air Meter for a special price of $25 plus shipping, please send an Email to [email protected] to order or for more info.

Info on the Dwyer:
http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/Product.cfm?Group_ID=173

I am going to lock this thread since the program is closed down for now. If anyone wants to pick up with this service I will turn over whatever units come back from the folks who have them currently, also the Mayor has some funds to get a few new units. I would recommend using the 460 Air Meters since they are more compact and lighter, they can be shipped for less than a dollar via postal large envelope service to most places in the North East. :)

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Oct. 23, 2010 1:22 pm

If anyone is interested in taking this over and managing it let me know. I'll have to look it up but there should be enough funds for at least the purchase of 3 units.

Going to close this, we'll start a new thread when it starts up.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”