- Posts: 1641
- Joined: Sat. May. 03, 2008 11:52 am
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
- Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
- Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6
- Location: Northern Maine
From what you described and living in CNY.........80lbs per day is right where you need to be. I have a modine in my garage. I'll tell you what..........when I turn it on for a few hours, my coal consumption go way up.
ranger13148 wrote:but what comes off the grate seems to clump together, sometimes causing the bucket to overflow, even tho the bucket isn't really full.
They call these clumps "clinkers". It just means that your coal is burning really hot. Looks like your K2 is getting quite a workout.
- New Member
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun. Nov. 30, 2008 3:24 pm
- Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker
- Stove/Furnace Model: KAA-2
- Location: Seneca Falls, NY
Again I would like to thank everyone for their responses, the boiler seems to be cruising right along nicely the last couple of days. I've still got a couple more days off, so, I'm still keeping a close eye on things. But all seems in working order. Happy New Year, and safe burning to y'all.