Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Dec. 11, 2007 3:23 pm

JiminBucks wrote:Av8r, that bug it really annoying! :P
Agreed so I fixed it. :lol:

Dallas
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Modified Russo C-35
Other Heating: Oil Hot Air

Post by Dallas » Tue. Dec. 11, 2007 3:27 pm

LOL But, it's persistent, isn't it? I went back, expecting to find an "ink mark"!

av8r
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)

Post by av8r » Tue. Dec. 11, 2007 4:52 pm

I've had people on other forums actually PM me to tell me that they have tried to "flick that bug off their screen". In the summer, at night, you almost think it's real.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Dec. 11, 2007 5:45 pm

Reminds of those ?Orkin? commercials with the cockroach going across the screen. I was watching TV late at night half asleep the first ime I saw one and almost had a heart attack. Anyhow going off-topic again...

pbmax

Post by pbmax » Tue. Dec. 11, 2007 7:23 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Agreed so I fixed it. :lol:
Glad I stole it before you vandalized it. Now I can annoy other forums as well.

If you use firefox, you should look for the "adblock" extra. It lets you block individual images as well as automatically blocking most ads. If you're using IE, you're used to bugs, and viruses, and worms ...

The inverter / car hookup sounds like a good idea. I'll have to remember that if the power goes. However, I'll have to rob the extension cord from my LED solstice lights out front. <== not christian, but I like lights.
pb

sandman

Post by sandman » Tue. Dec. 11, 2007 9:29 pm

Anyway if it's a constant 100 watts draw, then you have to do the math. If your battery has a max of say 500 AMP hrs . I think an AMP is watts x voltage? Been awhile since I've thought about this stuff! :oops:

Here's a link "http://www.rpc.com.au/products/services/faq-info/ ... lator.html"

Amp Hours

The Amp Hour rating tells you how much amperage is available when discharged evenly over a 20 hour period. The amp hour rating is cumulative, so in order to know how many constant amps the battery will output for 20 hours, you have to divide the amp hour rating by 20. Example: If a battery has an amp hour rating of 75, dividing by 20 = 3.75. Such a battery can carry a 3.75 amp load for 20 hours before dropping to 10.5 volts. (10.5 volts is the fully discharged level, at which point the battery needs to be recharged.) A battery with an amp hour rating of 55 will carry a 2.75 amp load for 20 hours before dropping to 10.5 volts.

Reserve Minutes

Reserve minutes is the number of minutes a battery will carry a 25 amp load before dropping to 10.5 volts. (10.5 volts is the fully discharged level, at which point the battery needs to be recharged.)
a 100 watt load at 12v would be around 8.5a in real life with inverter losses would be more like 10a
with a 100w load I would want at least a 250w sinewave inverter

any of the cheap inverters (modified sine wave) are no good for running any type of motor and chances are high you will fry your motors.
you can get a good small sinewave inverter for under $300
http://www.solar-electric.com/sasiwain1.html
http://www.solar-electric.com/exsiwain.html

an 8d battery is rated at around 200ah the only way to get a 500ah battery is through a bank of batteries or a forklift battery.

here's some good battery info http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Battery_FAQ.htm

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”