Can Anyone Recommend a Chimney Builder in Stroudsburg Pa?

Joeski

Post by Joeski » Fri. Jul. 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi everyone and thank you in advance.

I'd like to put up a masonry chimney, a block one just like in the knowledge base of this forum would be perfect since it seems that is the best bet to have. If I lost power I could use a backup system to run the stoker and the draft would take care of the exhaust. But I don't think I could build it as good as the person who posted the instructions did. In fact it would be to intense of a project for me.

On another note I have a chimney that has the space for two more flue's. It now has a forced air oil burner unit exhausted through it and a zero clearance fire place exhaust in it too. What do you all think would be the best material to put into a 36 foot outdoor chimney? From reading on this site it seems the stainless steel is not as durable as I once thought. I do know the chase would have to be replaced to handle three flues.

What else should I consider? I am really think of getting the Field Controls power venter instead of the chimney because of the price saving's. About how many years are they expected to last?

Have a great weekend all & thanks again.

Joeski :)

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Fri. Jul. 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Power vent the oil burner and use the chimney for the coal. A chimney builder is going to charge a good buck to build one, that price alone should scare you in learning. Or find someone to volunteer to help who has built one in the past.

Wiz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Post by Wiz » Sat. Sep. 08, 2012 8:24 am

If you haven't found anyone, I highly recommend Bob And Mike Wallingford Mason Contractor 570-629-1331...... Excellent work with a fair price.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”