Incredible Service From Coal-Trol/Automation Correct

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Thu. Jan. 12, 2012 9:48 am

Neil,

Just a quick note. Ordered the Coaltrol for the Alaska Cast Console Wednesday morning and it was delivered this morning (Thursday) @ 9:30 AM.

Superior service from a great company. Well I guess UPS gets some credit too.

Now all I have to do is install it tonight when I get home, sit back, fire it up, and have a cold one. :beer: Well maybe more than 1.............

I like the way it controls the Hyfire II at work, so now we will get the same operation in the sister in laws' house.

And Fred.........I think the lack of snow up there is helping UPS get around better !!!!!! Now for later in the week, who knows ????

Rick
Last edited by Rick 386 on Thu. Jan. 12, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Jan. 12, 2012 10:13 am

Yep, never heard anything but good comments on the coal-trol people--of course I think they are out of Syracuse & that would explain a lot. ;) --sorry if I'm wrong on that--damn age!! :clap: toothy

WNYRob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker controlled with CoalTrol

Post by WNYRob » Thu. Jan. 12, 2012 10:18 am

That is good to hear. I ordered mine last weekend, so it should be arriving soon!!!!

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Thu. Jan. 12, 2012 10:55 am

WNYRob wrote:That is good to hear. I ordered mine last weekend, so it should be arriving soon!!!!
Rob,

In my situation the feed control box for the Alaska crapped out again. This would have been the second box in 4 years. Cost from Alaska dealer was over $118. So the sister in law wanted to go this route. And the Coaltrol comes with a 3 year warranty.

She does not use her coal stove like most of us here. She has wild temp swings as she does not monitor weather trends before leaving for work. Hence the house is either too hot or too cold when she gets home.

I think this will cut down on her coal consumption tremendously while better maintaining the temps in her house.

She opted for overnight shipping since it is forecast to get colder again and she doesn't want to use her oil burner.

Rick

WNYRob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker controlled with CoalTrol

Post by WNYRob » Thu. Jan. 12, 2012 11:06 am

Ah!!!, didn't want to say anything, but I started wondering how you got yours (in PA) before me. Now it makes sense!!!! Good luck with yours.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”