- Rob R.
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 11509
- Joined: Fri. Dec. 28, 2007 4:26 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
- Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy
- Location: Chazy, NY
What does the Mrs. think?coalmeister wrote:It actually works pretty well now, the floor is 81 degrees and I have not even insulated the pipe area yet. The floor was about 60-65 before.
- Posts: 668
- Joined: Fri. May. 23, 2008 3:13 pm
- Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska 140 Furnace -sold
- Stove/Furnace Model: Harmon VF3000 -sold
- Location: Between Rochester & Buffalo NY
I will insulate under the pipes to keep the heat in that area of the floor. The wife is very happy, I just need to do the rest of the floor to have full coverage, the kitchen needed more heat so this works out well. Gotta scrounge up more pipe. Weird how air wont move in the system easily, shouldn't air be easier to push than water? Sure is easier to walk in air than swim in water