Temperature Probes, Temperature Switches, Controls, Etc.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Nov. 01, 2007 11:31 am

Here a nice site for anyone looking for temp. switches, controls, probes, etc...I just ordered a Exhaust Temp Switch for flame out control, if it falls below a certain stack temp (80 Deg. F), turn off the stokers.

For some of us that like to tinker...and build a better mouse trap. :)

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Thu. Nov. 01, 2007 1:02 pm

My Keystoker 90 has a variable stack sensor. Haven't taken the time to see how it fits into the control scheme.

Now you have me curious, gonna go take a look. :)

europachris

Post by europachris » Thu. Nov. 01, 2007 1:06 pm

Which switch did you order, Dave? I was thinking about this the other day. I turned off the stove on Sunday, and after unplugging it, the fire died FAST since there is no draft at all with a direct vent.

I can imagine a short power outtage at 8am after leaving for work and coming home at 5pm to an ashpan full of coal. Having a failsafe control to shut the stove down would be really nice. It would just require an override switch to allow the stove to be started and come up to temp and make the thermostat.

Chris

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Nov. 01, 2007 1:55 pm

Here my wiring diagram of my switch box for my LL Hyfire, I separated my stokers/blowers so I can run single or both.

I am going to put a plug onto the Stack temp. switch and have a jumper wire plug -OR- you could just put a switch across the wire(s) for a bypass of the temp. switch.

I think it was the CA80, On at 80 Deg. off at 70. That should be cool enough to figure flame out conditions, normal internal pipe temps on my keystoker on idle is around 120-130...will advise hopefully this weekend when I get it fired up. The Switch is on the way. I can wire that in anytime.

Attachments

wiring_switch.jpg
.JPG | 56.1KB | wiring_switch.jpg

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”