Blown Fuse On Coal-trol, No Speed Control

Johnshan

Post by Johnshan » Tue. Mar. 22, 2011 8:57 pm

I awoke to a blown fuse on the coal trol this morning. I installed a new fuse and found that I no longer have speed control on my blower fan. I have tried to manually adjust it without a change in fan speed- it just runs at 100% all the time now regardless.

How would I be able to fix this?

Thanks

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Tue. Mar. 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Please call us, 315-299-3589, to arrange for repair. Sounds like the speed control circuit suffered some damage. Also make sure the blower is cleaned out, lubed, and spinning freely.

jim d

Post by jim d » Tue. Mar. 22, 2011 9:56 pm

always remember , a blown fuse is a happy fuse

Johnshan

Post by Johnshan » Fri. Sep. 09, 2011 9:51 am

Is there a wiring diagram available for the coal-trol box (not the thermostat)?

My assumption is I need to replace the Sharp chips, but it would be easier if I had a wiring diagram to confirm.

Thank you,
-John

nwaelder
Verified Business Rep.

Post by nwaelder » Fri. Sep. 09, 2011 10:45 am

Johnshan wrote:Is there a wiring diagram available for the coal-trol box (not the thermostat)?
We don't publish this.
My assumption is I need to replace the Sharp chips, but it would be easier if I had a wiring diagram to confirm.
You are probably right about the chip. However, the fuse blew and there may be other issues as well. We warrant our product for 3 years
and discourage attempts at repairs by the end user. The stories we could tell (but won't) of user repairs gone south is not pretty.

Box it up and send it to us and we'll turn it around in a week or less. If it is no longer under warranty, our repair costs are fair and you'll have the confidence that the repair is complete.

Johnshan

Post by Johnshan » Fri. Sep. 09, 2011 10:57 am

Awesome! For some reason I thought I only had a year warranty, I will send it out today!

Thanks,
-John

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”