42%
Both
4%

Total votes: 209

Linc
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Linc » Mon. Aug. 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Last winter was hand feed. This coming heating season will be with a stoker. :D At least once I finish the rebuild and installation. :oops:

EasySteaminBT

Post by EasySteaminBT » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 4:54 pm

you forgot to include none. At least most of you are burning coal. I burn Natural ass...I mean gas :bag: . But as far as my avatar, that was hand firing, done by me of couse :D

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 5:00 pm

EasySteaminBT wrote:you forgot to include none. At least most of you are burning coal. I burn Natural ass...I mean gas :bag: . But as far as my avatar, that was hand firing, done by me of couse :D
So...What brings you to this neck of the woods EasySteam? :confused:

Edit: Just read your other posts...I get it now. Welcome & hope you find what you are looking for.

EasySteaminBT

Post by EasySteaminBT » Wed. Aug. 13, 2008 5:56 pm

:rofl: Thanks Devil. That is why there is a frown after gas boiler :P . I hope I find what I am looking for as well. We shall see though. I called just about all the manufacturers, but they all are backed up. At least I am more knowlegable on the matter, all of the boiler manufacturers were friendly and very helpful. I find the exact same to be true with this board and apreciate everyones help :up: . I have one chance I hope on a stoker boiler and am praying it happens. I'm glad to be a member of this board.

Horace
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman ST8-VF8 / Frankenstove

Post by Horace » Thu. Sep. 18, 2008 12:25 pm

Stoker, and at this point I wouldn't change it. Single dad, three daughters aged 6 and 4 and 4 (twins). I have enough to do during my days. Adding coal to the hopper and removing ash is about as much as I can take right now. Love the heat, though, and can't beat the price. Heated half the house with electric baseboard - no coal at all - one year after a CO scare (long story) and I estimated that it cost nearly $1,200 just for the heat. This was six years ago when electric was still relatively cheap. House never really seemed warm with electric, and the floors were always cold since the basement was unheated. Found the problem that caused the CO flood in the house (fireman stated that the CO reader went off the chart as soon as they stepped in the house; the were getting readings from the front lawn - lucky lucky lucky) and have run it ever since.

Just found this site and signed up. Found some very good advice and tips and stories. Glad that I am here!

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”