Coal Chute Into Garage, Then Into Basement. PICS

xmanjeff
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: keystoker 90 dv

Post by xmanjeff » Wed. Apr. 15, 2015 9:49 pm

I am in a similar situation as yourself , my plans are a coal stove in the basement on backside of house using a direct vent , and putting an outside coal bin in close proximity and cutting a hole in backside wall and running a 3 or 4 inch pvc pipe right into the stoker hopper , this keeps any mess outside , eliminates coal dust, and my basement stairs are in the center of the house , so this setup just makes to much sense I think you get the picture
in your case and my opinion , coal bin on side of garage side it with house siding then coal truck if anything would only be on grass minimally , hole in wall going to basement on side of house and 3 or 4 inch pvc right into hopper, from bin to pipe maybe 10 steps at most
any coments on this would be great as I am in the same situation as gbig2

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Thu. Apr. 16, 2015 7:20 am

titleist1 wrote:we'll see if i'm close....

initial cost ~$16k out of pocket
30% tax credit got to the ~$11k number
~$5k home appreciation
resulting in ~6k bottom line cost realized after sale of home.
IMO you are using fuzzy math. By using that rational why not say that you had a 10k appreciatiion? Or use $12K and you made a profit by putting in Geo?

You can make that number any number you want. How many dollars came out of your pocket to put it in. Cost basis means how much cash actually went out and how much came in. From what you put on the forum, the actual cash that came out of your pocket at time of installation was $11,000 not $6,000. Your cost was $11,000. I can't spend $$ at Walmart right now based on what my home might get when I decide to sell it. The cashier isn't going to let me walk out with the story of I have more money than this because my home has appreciated in value.

How much cash came out of your pocket and how much went into it. Not future numbers, right now greenback cash.

BIG difference....a 5K out of pocket difference. :shock:

Doby
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast console and Alaska Channing III
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: oil but not much

Post by Doby » Fri. Apr. 17, 2015 9:15 pm

blrman07 wrote:
titleist1 wrote:we'll see if i'm close....

initial cost ~$16k out of pocket
30% tax credit got to the ~$11k number
~$5k home appreciation
resulting in ~6k bottom line cost realized after sale of home.
IMO you are using fuzzy math. By using that rational why not say that you had a 10k appreciatiion? Or use $12K and you made a profit by putting in Geo?

You can make that number any number you want. How many dollars came out of your pocket to put it in. Cost basis means how much cash actually went out and how much came in. From what you put on the forum, the actual cash that came out of your pocket at time of installation was $11,000 not $6,000. Your cost was $11,000. I can't spend $$ at Walmart right now based on what my home might get when I decide to sell it. The cashier isn't going to let me walk out with the story of I have more money than this because my home has appreciated in value.

How much cash came out of your pocket and how much went into it. Not future numbers, right now greenback cash.

BIG difference....a 5K out of pocket difference. :shock:
How many out of pocket dollars plus interest! I assume this would be financed, plus this "profit" would only be realized if you sold the property what if you stayed there the rest of your time. I guess if anyone can see that far in the future or has a multiple year plan for resale or is rich this could be realized otherwise?

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”