Too Hot in House Using Digital Coal Trol

saabsare1

Post by saabsare1 » Thu. Mar. 19, 2009 8:04 pm

I suspect it`s gone bad after 1 year of use ? It`s never worked right since I got it installed, I`m not sure what the settings should be, & now the blower quit, I took an extention cord & pluged it into the blower directly & it started working. I have a Leisure Line pioneer Top Vent. It used to crank out the heat, driving me crazy with how hot it got my house, as it was running way to hot after turning down the t-stat as low as I could take it & waiting about 45 minutes for a reaction, it started to cool down a little. & Now it doesnt seem to be doing anything. Does anyone out there know what the settings should be on the coal trol digital thermostat, as I`ve screwed around with it not knowing what I`m doing & now nothing is working. HELP ! !.. John [email protected]

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Thu. Mar. 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Unfortunately, sometime things do go wrong. You may have a blown fuse or board. If you give us a call at 315-299-3589 we can get you back to the default settings, help trouble shoot the motor issue, if that checks out we can suggest some settings to bring things under control. If there is a problem we can get you setup to send the unit back for warranty repair.

As a starting point 6 and 40 are good starting points for MIN and MAX. HLF should be at 0. IGN at N. If it is there, CFT at 8, CFM at 30-40. That should get your back pretty close to defaults. The defaults should be listed in your user manual too.

However, if your stove is no longer burning because the stoker or combustion motors aren't turning on, then it is a good idea to leave it shut down until you can give us a call.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Mar. 20, 2009 8:42 am

I had the original problem with the IGN=YES (Ignition ON which I don't have) and it seemed like the stove did nothing, blowers weren't working, etc... Check your setup.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”