Alaska Thermostat System Question.

Sacred Steel

Post by Sacred Steel » Tue. Feb. 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Got the draft gage and the draft all set up and now I am hooking up the thermostat system but I am not sure how to set it. I ran the wall mount thermostat from the control box but I am not sure which settings to put the two knobs to. The bottom one is the idle set and I believe this is set to where you want the stove to idle at when the thermostat is not calling. Where does the top temp control knob come into play when I have the wall mounted thermostat to control the temp?
Thanks

uhley

Post by uhley » Tue. Feb. 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Sacred,

I have the same setup on my stove. Set the Tstat setting at 4 to start with and then adjust it accordingly. What you are trying to do is get the temp to stay close to whatever you have the termostat set at. The higher the Tstat the more the more coal you push down the grate the hotter the fire. Remember this is a timer the higher the number the faster the coal . You don't want it set to high or you will overshoot the therostat. I hope this makes sense.
Happy Coal Burning

Sacred Steel

Post by Sacred Steel » Tue. Feb. 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks Uhley, That does help. I guess it's just a mater of tweeking a bit to get it right.

Return to “Coal Bins, Chimneys, CO Detectors & Thermostats”