Why a Chose the Pioneer Back Vent

emposter
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by emposter » Mon. Oct. 16, 2006 5:08 pm

After enduring our first winter in our new home, electrcity & propane costs competed directly with my ability to put food on the table :o
Remembering what it was like to be a kid at Grandma's house made me revisit the idea of staying warm with Coal. I started searching the internet. I stumbled across this forum this summer.

My priorities were:
Direct Vent (no chimney)
Capacity to heat my garage & tap into existing duct work
Computer control of stove controls

I ended up purchasing a Leisure Line Stove Sept 23 2006.
Pioneer LE Backvent
2 optional 8" ducts
Coal-trol thermostat

The biggest suggestion I could give to anyone considering investing in any coal fired heating system is to thoroughly research the product.

Don't blindly trust the dealership salesman you talk to. I went to five different dealers & looked at several different manufacturer's stoves.

I called the factories when I had narrowed my choice down to two competeing models.

This is what made up my mind.

I've got the comfort of electric heat with the abillity to maintain the comfort of the house to within 1 degree of the desired setting with out the price per kilowatt. Coal in my area is relatively inexpensive if you own a pick-up.

Did I mention that the Pioneer automatically sets the house temperature back at night & has the house toasty warm in the morning.

This isn't my Grandfathers technology

Mike

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Mon. Oct. 16, 2006 7:05 pm

Hi Mike,
If you picked up the stove at the factory, then I remember you. We do so many special orders that I can't keep track of them all. Anyway,,,, I hope that the stove is up and working well, but your asking a big task of a Pioneer to heat the garage and house. I hope it does the job for you and you never need to turn electric heat on again. Keep me updated.
thanks for your purchase,
Jerry LLS :)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”