I Have a Magnum Stoker and First Time Using It

jimbo970

Post by jimbo970 » Sun. Oct. 15, 2006 4:48 pm

I am interested in finding out why smoke comes out of the stop and bottom of my glass door when the stove is shut. I have been trying to light the stove this am it is about 56 degrees now, seems I have draft in the flue. Does anyone have an anser or insight to this?

Thanks

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Mon. Oct. 16, 2006 7:48 pm

Jimbo,
Anytime smoke or gas comes out of the stove, there is a draft problem. Your chimney just needs to be warmed up before attempting to light the stove. Try building a small fire in your clean out door (be careful) to preheat the chimney. Make sure you have a gas alarm in working order before you burn your stove.
Jerry

jimbo970

Post by jimbo970 » Mon. Oct. 16, 2006 8:15 pm

thanks for the info. I am getting smoke coming out of the glass door top edge. this is a new stove and there is a thin open area that runs along the top of the stoker. This only happened when I was trying to light the stoker with pellets. It took guite awhile to light it any tricks? Once I finally got it lit I havent seen this. The coal however looks like it has alot of half burned coal - is there a trick to adjusting the feed control. The feed seems to co-incide with the combustion chamber setting which is currently 1min on 15min off

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”