Coal Stoker Prices and Thoughts

tmbm50

Post by tmbm50 » Tue. Oct. 10, 2006 9:31 am

I'm looking into replacing my Mark II with a new stoker. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out what features are really worth it. Every Manf. has some buzz line for a feature they offer. Can anybody share some personal experinces?

I've been looking at the Magnum Stoker becuase it has a large BTU output (I want somthing a little larger than my Mark II) but I'm not sure I want to spend the $2800 I've been quoted. Can anybody share what they paid for a comparablely sized stoker? I wish more manf would post MSRP on websites instead of having to drive to every dealer in PA.

Besides Harman, I've been looking at Leisure, Keystoker and Alaska but the Harman dealer tells me those are rated in BTU input and not BTU Output so they are much smaller.

Thanks!

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Tue. Oct. 10, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi TMBM50,
We at Leisure Line offer a duel burner Hyfire. Twin 90,000 BTU inputs feeders (burners). Max output of about 144000 BTU's. Burn 1 90 till it can't keep up, then turn both burners on. This stove comes standard with the coal trol digital thermostat. Give our factory outlet a call (570.788.3330), it's less expensive then the Harmon.
Jerry LLS

davemich

Post by davemich » Fri. Oct. 13, 2006 6:56 am

...and if you buy a Liesure Line stove, you have Jerry here to answer all of your questions!!!!!!! Let us know what you get. I've heard a lot of good things about their stoves by the way.

tmbm50

Post by tmbm50 » Tue. Oct. 17, 2006 11:01 am

Does the pioneer have the internel heat exchange like the Hyfire?

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Tue. Oct. 17, 2006 7:57 pm

The Pioneer does not have any inner tubes. We just mount a 265 CFM blower at the bottom of the back, and blow air up the back and across the top. The convection air is regulated by the coal trol thermostat, it is ramped up and down when called for. It doesn't work as all the competition uses a fan limit, wide open or nothing. Or getting up and down to adjust the rheostat. Our thermostat does the work for you.
Thanks for asking,
Jerry

tmbm50

Post by tmbm50 » Thu. Oct. 19, 2006 12:06 pm

I should probably move this offline or to the LesiureLine fourm but I guess others will benifit.

A question about how the Hyfire works with CoalTrol. Does it control the feed for both burners? Will it turn on and shut off the second burner as needed or is that a manual process? Just trying to figure out if you lose some level of control while gaining the extra BTU output.

On a side note, can the Hyfire be hooked up to a hotair duct without the "jacket". Our stove is in the den and the "jacket" would be an eye sore. A simple pipe leading to the air duct is perfered.

Thanks!

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Thu. Oct. 19, 2006 6:34 pm

Hi,
The Hyfire's second feeder is also controled with the coal trol. As of now (this writing) we do not have an automatic lite with turning on the second feeder. (more to come on the automatic igniter for 2007) This must be done manually. You can purchase the outer top of the Hyfire with a 12" or 14" duct top ring. If you need more info or have questions please call our factory store at 570.788.3330, Shannon would be glad to help.
Thanks,
Jerry

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”