Thermostat on a Alaska 140 Auger Feed

Sportsman03

Post by Sportsman03 » Sun. Sep. 17, 2006 8:23 pm

I'm in the stages of setting up our new furnace. The furnace is in the basement hooked to my forced air system. The instruction for the stove wants me to mount the temp controller to a wall near the furnace. How does this controller regulate the temp (Call for the blower ON/OFF) say in the upstairs or even the second floor? I would like to use a thermostat in the living room near the cold air-return, is this possible? Thanks
Eric

Sportsman03

Post by Sportsman03 » Mon. Sep. 18, 2006 7:59 pm

Dose anybody know if the coal-trol system would work on this set up?..
Thanks
Eric

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Sep. 22, 2006 2:22 pm

You would just need to set it on a higher temperature to control the actual heat, since it would be much closer to the heat source. You can try either way, wouldn't hurt.

You could wire 2 thermostat to a DPDT switch and flip the switch to run the upstairs or downstairs thermostat? Jsut a thought.

I have my thermostat in the other room away from the stove to keep the rest of the house warm, the stove room is always 10+ degrees warmer then the rest.!!

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Mon. Sep. 25, 2006 12:19 am

We've had the Coal-Trol running on an auger fed Alaska. It had a very large convection blower and was able to speed control it quite well. The setup was in a showroom, but we've had a number of Coal-Trol's installed on basement stoves and furnaces with the thermostat installed upstairs (usually on the first floor) without any problems. The key in any basement stove installation (or whole house heating situation) is to make sure you have good air circulation from the stove to the rest of the house (and back) and that goes for any thermostat system, Coal-Trol or not.

At any rate... :) Yes, the Coal-Trol Digital will work on alaska auger feed stoves.

Sportsman03

Post by Sportsman03 » Mon. Sep. 25, 2006 7:14 pm

Neal is this you? We talked on the phone the other day about this. im still in limbo on the coal-trol. Im just tring to get things duct and set proper before in install one of your systems. I think im going to install one just not right a way.

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Mon. Sep. 25, 2006 7:43 pm

This is Paul Volcko. I work with Neil on the Coal-Trol (the software in the thermostat predominantly) and I'm a part owner of the company. :)

I'm not sure which system you were looking into buying, but the Coal-Trol Digital Standard and Standard+ systems are shipping currently and the Coal-Trol Digital Basic and Basic+ systems will be shipping shortly. We're also in the middle of updating our web site. By the end of the week we should be ready to switch it over to the new pages with the new products and information covered.

We're more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you have. As you've talked to Neil already you must have our number. Feel free to call again with any questions or ask away here. You can also email us at [email protected].

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”