No Heat Coming From My Stoker Stove

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
stine

Post Sun. Sep. 17, 2006 8:16 pm

Hello
I have just installed a Alaska Channing III(used) -3years old,used
So I brought it home,cleaned it up,I installed it this morning ,I started a fire to see how it functioned , and after 4hours relized that it doesnt heat very well. I am only getting 275 degrees on the door,on the highest setting .

Any help would be great !!

Thanks

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Post Thu. Oct. 05, 2006 3:03 pm

Does it have a thermostat hook up, maybe in a box on the back of the stove (should be T1 and T2?) Is it hooked up?
It may only be running on Idle/Pilot Mode? Is there a timer box hooked up, if so,it is telling to only feed a certain amount over a give period of time (every 10 mins or so).

You may have to hook up a cheap thermostat and adjust accordingly to make it feed more and get hotter.
- Dave
Hyfire I & Keystoker 90K heating an 1890 Victorian
- Amsoil Authorized T1 Certified Dealer

Jerry & Karen

Post Thu. Oct. 05, 2006 7:15 pm

You didn't say if you have a barometric damper. When we had our stoves tested for UL, a barometric damper made a world of difference in stove and pipe temps. I suggest that you give Alaska a shout, they'll be glad to help.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”