Coal Stove Efficiency's

Cold_Mainer
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Pocono BV 90,000 BTU
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Cold_Mainer » Thu. Nov. 20, 2008 5:59 pm

looking for some stove efficiencies. Checked Leisure Line page but did not see anything. Is it safe to say these stoves are 80% efficient?

morrisfamily3098

Post by morrisfamily3098 » Fri. Nov. 21, 2008 12:19 pm

I believe they are as efficient as you make them to a point. If you do your reasearch and don't allow to much heat to escape from the chimney then they are greater than 80%. especilly with the coal-trol. Any amount of in-efficientcy after that is made up by the fuel savings (compared to oil). I think mine is running in the upper 90's. My house stays the temp set by the coal-trol. I check my stack temp often out of curiosity and have never seen it above 200*f. I have custom duct work and in-line fans set to come on and go off at certain duct temps and pull all of the heat possible off of my stove. 80% is low

gambler

Post by gambler » Fri. Nov. 21, 2008 12:32 pm

Cold_Mainer wrote:looking for some stove efficiencies. Checked Leisure Line page but did not see anything. Is it safe to say these stoves are 80% efficient?
Jerry from LL has said that the Pioneer TV stove is 80% , the pioneer BV stove is 83% and the econo is 70 something (I don't remember).

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”