Coal Stove Efficiency's

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
Cold_Mainer
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Pocono BV 90,000 BTU
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post Thu. Nov. 20, 2008 5:59 pm

looking for some stove efficiencies. Checked Leisure Line page but did not see anything. Is it safe to say these stoves are 80% efficient?

morrisfamily3098
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire2

Post Fri. Nov. 21, 2008 12:19 pm

I believe they are as efficient as you make them to a point. If you do your reasearch and don't allow to much heat to escape from the chimney then they are greater than 80%. especilly with the coal-trol. Any amount of in-efficientcy after that is made up by the fuel savings (compared to oil). I think mine is running in the upper 90's. My house stays the temp set by the coal-trol. I check my stack temp often out of curiosity and have never seen it above 200*f. I have custom duct work and in-line fans set to come on and go off at certain duct temps and pull all of the heat possible off of my stove. 80% is low

gambler
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Post Fri. Nov. 21, 2008 12:32 pm

Cold_Mainer wrote:looking for some stove efficiencies. Checked Leisure Line page but did not see anything. Is it safe to say these stoves are 80% efficient?
Jerry from LL has said that the Pioneer TV stove is 80% , the pioneer BV stove is 83% and the econo is 70 something (I don't remember).
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”