*censored*'s and Giggles

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
maurizziot
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure line Coal Stove
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer rear vent

Post Sun. Nov. 09, 2008 9:15 pm

I start my ll pioneer with pellets and a some stove jell. I put a hand full of pellet at the end of the grate.
put some gel and light it. with the door open and allow it to burn for 3-5 min with out the combustion fan on but with the
pv on. after 5 min. I shut the door fire on the combustion fan for 1 min. or so and open the door and sprinkle some rice
on the pellets. This method works great for me. Just for *censored*'s and Giggles would this stove run on pellet's or would it get
caught in the feed mechanism. I know why burn pellets when you can burn coal!!!!

gambler
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Post Sun. Nov. 09, 2008 9:38 pm

It would burn back into the hopper and catch the entire hopper of pellets on fire.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”