HOT Keystoker

BUNKGUY

Post by BUNKGUY » Mon. Nov. 03, 2008 12:25 pm

I just installed a Keystoker 105 DV & it is burning hot! I can't seem to get the convection blower to shut down with the thermostat. I have it on auto setting (white button out). I called Keystoker & they told me to pull the metal tab down a hair on the timer - I did but it is still running full bore. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Mon. Nov. 03, 2008 1:40 pm

if you have the standard ROUND thermostat, that does NOT control the blower. The convection blower Has a little Black Box (temp. switch) on the stove with a White Button, if pushed IN, it will run Constantly, PULLED OUT will run on the Temp. Setting behind the cover (On 140/OFF 100). Check that. You can pull the cover off and check it.

I think what they meant, was remove teh Black Cover on teh Temp. Switch for the Blower (with the White button), and Turn the lower limit up a bit (Maybe 110 or 120, then it will shut off sooner)

Turn the Thermostat DOWN below the room temp, it will TAKE a while 30 mins to an Hour to start to Cool Down, Coal, you have to give it time to burn down. If the stove is running HOT, then the blower will remain blowing until it cools down enough.

Don't worry, you probably had it turned up and now you have to just wait for it to cool down.

BUNKGUY

Post by BUNKGUY » Mon. Nov. 03, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks for the clarification! I'm going to try that now. DO you recommend that I try a different thermostat?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Mon. Nov. 03, 2008 4:56 pm

If you can hear the stove click on/off when you change the thermostat up./down, no need to change it out. SOme have updated them to a Digital. I have a LUX Digital on my Keystoker.

Let us know if you have it figured it out.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”