Coal Feed Adjustment on a Keystoker 90

SYLVANB

Post by SYLVANB » Thu. Oct. 30, 2008 9:16 am

Last night I really cranked up my new Keystoker 90 and noticed that there were some hot coals very close to the edge of the grate and I was worried that they were going to fall off into the ash pan while still orange hot. I then backed off the coal adjustment nut and noticed that after turning it counterclockways a few revolutions it almost felt like it wasn't connected to whatever it was screwed into and was just free floating. Does that sound normal ?
This morning I called Keystoker and they said to tighten it up and then back it off 4 revolutions to start, but I am pretty sure that after 4 full counter clockwise revolutions it will be free floating (or feel like it is free floating) from whatever it is screwed into to begin with.
Can anyone offer some helpful advice on this situation ??

howeduin

Post by howeduin » Thu. Oct. 30, 2008 6:14 pm

backing the coal feed bolt does make it feel loose,
the more you back it out the looser it feels and the amount of coal it feeds will be less
i would back it out between 6 and 8 turns and monitor your burn

howie

ceccil

Post by ceccil » Fri. Oct. 31, 2008 4:53 pm

I don't know as I would go 6-8 turns. I would go about 2 and let it burn at least a few hours and see how much of a difference it makes. When you make any adjustments to your feed you must wait a few hours min. to see what the actual results are going to be.

Jeff

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Oct. 31, 2008 5:57 pm

Yes, that is typical, it adjusts a pusher block and after a certain point, it become real loose. Not to worry. But I have mine about 2-3 turn CCW out.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”