Channing III Fume Switch

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Wed. Oct. 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Helped a friend with his install.It ran for about 3 weeks and then shut off.It's a ADV so I took the fan off and cleaned the ash and tried again.Dead no nothing.Got out my tester and found the fume switch seemed to be in safe.pushed the reset and it didn't seem to click.Plugged it back in and nothing.Jumped the fume switch and all lit up fine.Tested with manometer and it was between .03 ond .04(just like when it was new).Has anyone else had a fume switch fail in a new unit?
What is the purpose of the fume switch?
DON

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Oct. 22, 2008 7:11 pm

That is the purpose, if the DV or PV fails, the fumes will leak out of the small hole and trip the switch, causing the stove to shut down (or stop stoking depending) and not continue to stoke and fill the house up with CO.... :(

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Wed. Oct. 22, 2008 7:42 pm

Does it work on presure or temp?By looking at it,it looks like temp.Draws in cool house air but when the DV doesn't(suck in air) it heats up and shuts down.
DON

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Wed. Oct. 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Don, your right. the WMO switch has a 200* micro switch in the box. I have found wmo switches that would not reset. I suggest unhooking it from the stove, spray with a silcone (the red button) and work it a few times. That usually takes care of the problem. MAKE SURE IT WORKS, OR DON'T BURN THE STOVE.
Jer

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Thu. Oct. 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Yeah I jumped it to see if I was barking up the right tree.I have another switch coming from the dealer.Alaska said they wouldn't send one out so I had to go through the dealer.go figure.
DON

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”