Need Help

em

Post by em » Tue. Oct. 14, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi, I am having trouble with my yellow flame furnace. My regular repair man says he cannot figure it out anymore that I should contact somebody else. It will not push the ashes off the edge of the firebox and down into the bottom of the furnace into the ash pan. It has something to do with the arm mechanism. Can anybody lead me to somebody that has knowledge of this problem. Please help. I am from Central Penna.

crochunisclan

Post by crochunisclan » Tue. Oct. 14, 2008 9:45 pm

I'm having a similar issue with my stoker. Is your grated properly seated?

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. Oct. 14, 2008 11:07 pm

The issue is most probably related to the location of the pin and the stroke produced by that location. Over time both the slot and the pin wear and reduce the stroke which causes the stoker to cease moving the ash and coal properly.

I would recommend trying to move the pin to a different hole to produce more stroke (further from the center will increase the stroke), if it is already in the farthest out from the center then you will most probably have to replace the pin with a home made one of larger diameter. I am picking up a yellow flame stoker in a couple weeks, will try and post some pics when I rebuild the stoker mechanism.

If you can post a few pics of the mechansim, maybe that we can figure out some more specific advice to help you. :)

em

Post by em » Wed. Oct. 15, 2008 5:08 am

I think the problem is the arm that comes out of the gear box that connects to the pusher thing that actually moves the fire box (the arm in between) is the problem. A few months ago the repair man drilled and re-screwed it so it fit tighter but I think now it worked loose. We tried tightening it but still will not work. Ths is why I need to find a live person who may be able to fix it with out charging an arm and a leg.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Oct. 15, 2008 7:24 am

Where are you located? I'm in Carbondale, if it's not too far I could come take a look. Check your PMs.

liltractornut72

Post by liltractornut72 » Thu. Oct. 16, 2008 9:58 pm

The push bar? could be adjusted to far in and when it is in the backward move it does'nt come back far enough in the hopper to let coal drop down.Just out on a Keystoker with same problem.May need to put new set screws in feed arms,rod.Where are you located?

liltractornut72

Post by liltractornut72 » Thu. Oct. 16, 2008 10:00 pm

I remember drilling the set screws out and putting a roll pin in one a few years back.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”