Floor Size and Stove Clearance

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Tue. Oct. 14, 2008 8:03 am

I'm a little confused as to what size of floor protection we need to put down under our Pioneer TV. The clearance for the Pioneer are 12" from each side and 2" from the back from any combustible material but the floor protection says it must be 8" from the side and back of the stove. When measuring do you not count the hopper as being part of the stove? How can the floor protection only go 8" when the stove it's self has to go 12" from any combustible material on the wall, wouldn't that leave 4" of unprotected flooring?

ntp71
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Reading Foundry Water Heater
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Old Mill Mini Stoker with Keystoker Feed System
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibraltar SCR
Baseburners & Antiques: Caloric UltraMatic Coal-Gas Range
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut

Post by ntp71 » Tue. Oct. 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Sir,

I beleive the confusion is based on the photo of the clearance you are looking at. One of the pictures is depicting a stove with a wall to the side, such as a corner install. The other pic is depicting a stove with no walls on the side.
stoker.JPG
.JPG | 31.7KB | stoker.JPG
Atleast thats how I saw it for my install.

Neal

gambler

Post by gambler » Tue. Oct. 14, 2008 12:40 pm

Adamiscold wrote: How can the floor protection only go 8" when the stove it's self has to go 12" from any combustible material on the wall, wouldn't that leave 4" of unprotected flooring?
You can make the floor protection as big as you like as long as it is a minimum of 8" from the stove.

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Wed. Oct. 15, 2008 8:03 am

On the back the hopper has to be a minimum of 2" away from the wall and the hearth has to extend 8". Is this just going from the stove itself and not from the hopper?

The stove is going to be placed in a corner and Jerry said the hopper needs to be at least 2" away from the wall. Does the hearth need to be 8" from the corner just counting from the stove again?

I'm trying to line up my stove so the pipe runs right in between the joist's so it's a nice straight shot right up through the ceiling.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”