Leisure Line Pocono - Quiet the Noise

sauerzbr

Post by sauerzbr » Fri. Oct. 10, 2008 7:04 am

Just wanted to pass along my findings in attempting to cut down the amount of noise that the stove produces. Vibration noise that is.

I bought about 9 feet of the stick on glass gasket and stuck it around the flanges where the two large blowers attach, I also ran the gasket on the underside of the top lid that rests on top of the stove.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Now it just hummmmmmmmsssssss along quietly. It made a HUGE difference!

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Oct. 10, 2008 7:39 am

There's a similar thread here with more things you can do: Quieter Is Better...

xackley

Post by xackley » Fri. Oct. 10, 2008 8:48 am

Oiling the motors also makes a difference. A little 3-in-1 works fine. You will need a long spout on the can to get to fitting at the end of the motors.

gambler

Post by gambler » Fri. Oct. 10, 2008 12:06 pm

xackley wrote:You will need a long spout on the can to get to fitting at the end of the motors.
I used a plastic syringe that has the plastic tapered point and not the needle to make a miniature funnel. The plastic point fits into the oil holes.

sauerzbr

Post by sauerzbr » Mon. Oct. 13, 2008 7:57 am

Didn't even know you can oil the fans... have to check it out, though the fans are only a year old and actually very quiet...

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Oct. 13, 2008 8:40 am

Electric motors usually only need a few drops every X amount of months. Check for the recommended amount. Over oiling in some cases is just as bad as no oil.

ken

Post by ken » Mon. Oct. 13, 2008 10:31 am

i bought the new 3-1 bottle with the telescopic spout that comes out awhile back. what a joke that thing is. the bottle is so ridgid you can't squeez it to get the oil out. you have to wait till it starts to drip out. it did nothing but make a mess. I e-mail the maker about it , but never heard back. i'll stick to the smart one , MA-Line Zoom Spout. :D

blue-dasher

Post by blue-dasher » Mon. Oct. 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi there,

I have the pocono on order now, and it will be my first stove. Any other little things you can say about it? Do you like it?
Are you concerned at all with the future availability of rice? I don't think I'll have the blower noise problem you describe, as I'm feeding hot water directly into my hot water heating system. Don't think I even have a blower..........

Thanks for any advice you have. I'm in Eastern MA.

Blue-dasher

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”