Want Feed and Blowers to Shut Down When Hopper Is Empty

DJW

Post by DJW » Thu. Oct. 09, 2008 8:35 am

Can anyone tell me if they or how I can get my feed and blower motors to stop when the hopper is empty and the fire goes out? I would like to fill the hopper and leave for a few days.when the fire goes out the propane furnace will take over but don't want everything to continue to run. I have a keystoker 105 with coal-trol.( Works great)
Thanks,
DJW

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Thu. Oct. 09, 2008 9:06 am

A snap switch attached to a area of the stove body that gets hot. You may have to use a contactor with the switch in the control circuit, I don't know if there is a snap switch that is rated with enough capacity to handle the amount of current needed by all the motors.
Last edited by CoalHeat on Thu. Oct. 09, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ken

Post by ken » Thu. Oct. 09, 2008 10:40 am

i have a "Stove Stat" that I use to turn the fans behind the stove and one on the side on and off. when the stove goes in idol , it turns the 2 fans off. I don't see why you can't plug the hole unit into it. took me some time to to find the right place on the stove to do what I wanted it to.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Oct. 09, 2008 11:44 am

I think most of the snap (temp) switches are rated 3-5 amps or so, otherwise, you may have to hook it to a relay. I would monitor stack temp, if it is below 80 or 70 or so, just hvae the switch open and turn off the stove, stokers, blowers, etc...

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”