Keystoker 90DV First Fire Question

Dans58

Post by Dans58 » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 11:50 pm

I started my Keystoker 90DV for the first time yesterday. I did not hook the thermostat up, but instead I am using the timer and the feed adjustment to manage the burn. The fire is burning well and is set pretty low. I'm burning about 15lb per day (a guess). The blower that blows hot air into the room has run continuously since I started the fire. Is this normal? I thought that it would only come on if the inside temperature got above a certain range?

Is there any reason to hook up the thermostat and what does it control ? thanks

ceccil

Post by ceccil » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 1:16 am

I'm not sure but I believe you need to have the thermostat connected for the stove to operate properly. If it's not connected, there will be nothing to tell it to start feeding when you need heat. The feed you are getting right now would be coming from your timer. This is just used to maintain or keep your fire alive when there is no call for heat. The timer will not run long enough to supply enough fuel to heat with. As far as the blower, there is a black box on the side of the stove that controls the manual and automatic operation of the blower. Check the switch and make sure it is pulled out. When the switch is in the out position, the blower is set to auto and will turn on at the temp that the control is set at. There are adj. inside the box. When the button is pushed in the blower is set to manual and will run constant. Any other questions, just ask.

Jeff

Dans58

Post by Dans58 » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 8:21 pm

Jeff, thanks for the reply. With your explanation and me actually taking the time to read the installation instructions :-) :D The stove is now running great...

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”