Intergrating Hyfire II W/ Forced Hot Air Unit

Bpashocker

Post by Bpashocker » Fri. Oct. 03, 2008 6:56 am

I need some advice as to how to tie in my Hyfire II with my central heating unit. Do I just use a fan limit control so when temp is reached in heat jacket the forced hot air blower turn on. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there any way of using the col-trol? I have all the ducts going into my cold air return. If I don't use the house blower will all my heat just come out of the returns in my house with just using the blowers on stove. I cant wait to fire up this stove!!

Thanks Barry

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Oct. 03, 2008 7:33 am

Did you refer to the diagram on the LL site for hooking it up?

You can use the blower on the furnance, BUT you have to get a hold of CoalTrol and get the Relay to control the furance blower.

Bpashocker

Post by Bpashocker » Sat. Oct. 04, 2008 11:23 am

Is the relay circuit added to existing module or is a holw new Coal Trol module.
I looked @ LL site, but is doesn't specify anything about controlling your existing furnace fan with coal trol. I have gone to Coal Trol website and linked to forum, but it just brings me back here. Can't I just put a Fan limit control switch into the duct and wire into my furnace?

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Sat. Oct. 04, 2008 1:19 pm

We do sell a CM1 control box that has a set of contacts for controlling a furnace blower. If you want to go that route you should contact your stove dealer or Leisure Line see what arrangements can be made. Alternatively you can install a temperature limit switch (they make both fixed and adjustable versions) in the plenum above the coal stove to control when the blower should come on.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”