Hottest Side of the Stove

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 8:07 am

I'm looking at setting up my Pioneer and want to setup a duct that would suck heat from the stove through a duct running through the floor to throw heat in our basement. Where would the best placement of the duck be to gain the most heat through the ducting system?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 8:17 am

The stoves generally have the most heat on the sides and top and back (Normally the blowers go up the back of the stoves), if you can harness that heat from the sides, then either side would work. You would have to make a heat jacket or something to be able to pull the heat from the sides.

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 8:34 am

How about making a sheet metal hood that would hang above the stove & ducting off of that? (that way you'd still get some radiant heat in your basement too)

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 9:45 am

I guess we need to know where you mounting the stove? Upstairs or in the basement, not sure if you trying to move the air up or down? Sounds like you are trying to push the hot air DOWN to the Basement?

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm trying to pull some of the hot air downstairs. 60-70% of the heat is needed for the up stairs since the downstairs is so much better insulated. The reason we are going with it up stairs is becuase I simply wont have the basement done before we are going to be needing the heat on, so instead of using oil were going to put it upstairs in our addition which is the coldest room in the house. By it being up stairs I figured I would run a 10' duct under our addition (which is enclosed) and simply put a vent in the wall blowing heat in the basement instead of having a 8 inch duct running along side the wall about 7' and then out under the addition 10' and blowing all the that upstairs.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”