Information / Clarification About a Leisure Line

AJtheNewbie

Post by AJtheNewbie » Wed. Oct. 01, 2008 2:31 pm

I am in the process of searching out a coal stove to heat my home. Just today I cam across an advertisement
in a local paper that was very vague (which I later discovered was becasue this was a widow selling the unit
because her husband passed away and it was "too much" for her) - anyway she doesn't know the model but says it is a Leisure Line coal stove with 2 burners - can various Leisure Line stoves be fitted with dual burners or does this narrow it down to be the Hyfire II model?

She said they used it for 2 seasons - burning in one burner 1 season and the other the next - never hd to burn both at the same time - she says it was too much stove for their one level rach home - but it may work for me becasue I want to put it in the basement. If it is the Hyfire - are these good units? Right now we are not thinking of hooking a stove up to any ductwork...but I believe these can be - yes?...do they need additional parts to use them with ductwork?

The last bit of info. is that she is offering it for $1800 - is that a reasonable price?

Any help is appreciated - Thanks.

gambler

Post by gambler » Wed. Oct. 01, 2008 2:41 pm

It is a hyfire. Go,run, buy it now!

A new Hyfire is around $3000
Last edited by gambler on Wed. Oct. 01, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Wed. Oct. 01, 2008 2:42 pm

AJ,

That unit must be a Hyfire II. New they go for aroung $ 3100.00. Very good stove and a great heat producer. And yes you can one or both burners depending on heat requirements.

You can buy a heat jacket with or without fan to tie directly into ductwork.

BUY THAT THING NOW !!!!!!!!

-------------------------------

Rick

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Oct. 01, 2008 2:46 pm

Yes it is a hyfire II or it can be the older hyfire I model could you put a few photo's of it on here inside & out Yes Jerry's makes a very good Product and stands behind it Plus he is on theis forum to answer all of your Question you might have here is L.L. web site along with there store site for 1800 buy it Now because of the demand of all coal stoker's and stoves you will not find any New units until next year sometime Buy Buy Buy it It will pay for itself this year do not wait someone
else will buy it good luck

http://www.leisurelinestoves.com/

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 7:39 am

If both burners are the same size, it's a HYFIRE II (Both 90K burners), if one is smaller then the other, probably a HYFIRE I, that is what I have, a 40K and a 90K burner.

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 10:42 am

That stove is a BEAST. http://www.leisurelinestoves.com/
Last edited by traderfjp on Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJtheNewbie

Post by AJtheNewbie » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 11:02 am

it is a "beat"?...frgive me but what exactly does that mean?

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 11:13 am

I think he ment beast

AJtheNewbie

Post by AJtheNewbie » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 2:22 pm

OK gents...I found out today (from the guy/company that sold it to her) that it is indeed a Hyfire II w/ dual 90,000BTU burners and it is in great condition. I am going to look at it first thing tomorrow morning and I will probabaly have a tough time refusing it at $1800 - since most here said that was a good deal for that stove.

I will let you know how it turns out...Thanks again.

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 2:36 pm

Where are you puting the stove?

AJtheNewbie

Post by AJtheNewbie » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 2:56 pm

In the basement...why?

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Just curious . I have mine on the first floor and it does the whole house.

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi AJ, the question about where the stove is being placed is probably because the Hyfire is a BIG stove.. and a very capable heater.. with both burners going I heated a 40x60'x16' open pole barn/shop with a Hyfire I.

I hope you buy it.. even if it isn't exactly what you want, it will get you through this winter and with the savings from your regular heating fuel, you can if you want to shop for a different unit..

Personally I think the Hyfire is a great heater.

Greg L

AJtheNewbie

Post by AJtheNewbie » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Hey - I really appreciate the feedback...

We are planning to put it in the basement of our ranch home (basement & 1 floor) which is approx. 24 ft. wide by 50 ft long. footprint - the basement is completely open and unfininshed right now and other than the bedrooms and bathrooms the living / dining / kitchen area are all wide open upstairs.

I think at this point we are going to try it by heating the basement and letting it rise through the existing floor vents and up our basement stairwell. I know there may be problems with circulating the heat - but I think with the size of our home, the openness and compact floor plan - we may have a good shot at pulling it off. Plus our floors are always so cold (no carpeting - all laminate) and we think the warming the floors may help. I am sure we will learn some lessons - but we feel pretty good about this Hyfire and are excited about the potential of coal heating (vs. the fuel oil we used last year in our first winter in central NY - we froze all winter b/c of the cost of fuel oil and the outdated furnace)

So -thanks again for the opinions and commets. Being a newbie - I am sure you will be seeing a lot more of me around here once we make the final decision - I will let you all know how it turns out - we are going to check out the Hyfire forst thing tomorrow morning and will probably make the deceion then.

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Thu. Oct. 02, 2008 8:48 pm

AJtheNewbie wrote:OK gents...I found out today (from the guy/company that sold it to her) that it is indeed a Hyfire II w/ dual 90,000BTU burners and it is in great condition. I am going to look at it first thing tomorrow morning and I will probabaly have a tough time refusing it at $1800 - since most here said that was a good deal for that stove.

I will let you know how it turns out...Thanks again.
AJ For 1800 it is a steal a new one is 3000 Look at the link below it is Jerry's store front the owner of L.L. Stoves
I think right now with the demand on stoker stoves Jerry' would buy for that price :lol:

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”