Looking for Advice

ace22
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by ace22 » Wed. Sep. 24, 2008 7:58 pm

I am the proud new owner of a LL Hearth and also new at coal burning. I have read allot on this site and it has been very helpful. My questions pertain to the barometric damper and how to fine tune it. I have read that on a stoker the setting should be .02 to .04. Is that the setting of the weight on the baro itself or is that the reading on a manometer? :oops: Also is a manometer a worthwhile investment. I would like to burn my stove as efficient as possible and it sounds to me that a manometer is the way to go. Any advice welcome and Thanks

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Thu. Sep. 25, 2008 6:51 am

Is that the setting of the weight on the baro itself or is that the reading on a manometer?
That's the reading on the manometer.
Also is a manometer a worthwhile investment. I would like to burn my stove as efficient as possible and it sounds to me that a manometer is the way to go. Any advice welcome and Thanks
If you invest in one then you will always have it to know exactly where your draft is and it'll always be there if you ever need to readjust your baro. For 35 bucks brand new at a store it's going to give you the most effieciancy out of your stove.

ace22

Post by ace22 » Thu. Sep. 25, 2008 7:19 am

Thanks Adam, that's what I needed to find out. Gonna order a manometer. :D

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Thu. Sep. 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Using the manometer is the way to go. Get the most out of your stove and coal.
Jerry

ace22

Post by ace22 » Sat. Sep. 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Ok, manometer installed. Now do I set my Baro when I am at full burn? I know the reading on the manometer is to be.-02 to -.05.
So once I get that setting at full burn is this a set it and forget it type of thing? Or do I have to re-adjust everything in different weather conditions? Thanks for all the help

spc

Post by spc » Sat. Sep. 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Set it & forget it, but I do calibrate mine a few times a season & make sure fluid is at the right level. When its cold out & you have a full burn is when you will get max draft. My baro doesn't move to much until it gets cold out.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”