Min & Max Settings on Pioneer Leisure Line Stove

lizzy49

Post by lizzy49 » Sat. Sep. 20, 2008 10:09 pm

I will be starting my stove for the first time soon and was wondering how you determine the min and max feed to set on the coal-trol thermostat ? Do these settings need to be adjusted from time to time ? thanks

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Sun. Sep. 21, 2008 3:57 am

The settings from the factory will be fine for you to start with. Most people never change them, actually.

If you're interested in tweaking things to get the absolute minimum idle setting or to get the last useful BTU out at the top end, then you can use the procedure in the user manual to adjust them. Basically procedure is to go into SETUP and select the MIN setting, let the fire settle to the MIN setting over about 30-60 minutes, then make one or two point adjustments and let it sit for 30-60 minutes to see how the fire responds, repeat until you are on the virge of going out, increase the setting by one or two for safety and that's it. Same basic procedure on the MAX setting, just in the other direction. MAX is best adjusted in the dead of winter to avoid making your house into a sweat lodge. :)

If you get things out of whack the defaults for these settings are listed in the user manual (MIN 6 and MAX 40 for the LL stoves).

lizzy49

Post by lizzy49 » Sun. Sep. 21, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks for the information. I did read the manual, I just want to make sure I was doing right.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”