Secure the Pipe for Keystoker...

Mike E

Post by Mike E » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 12:46 pm

Hey all.

So, just reading the manual on my Keystoker 90K, and it says to secure the pipe from the exhaust outlet with a screw(s)... but mine didn't come with any holes wither in the SS pipe or in the cast power vent piping.. and no unusual mounting method in the box.. how did you all secure yours, or did you bother? It seems with the way mine fits on there, the sealant holds it on pretty securely... but then, I don't want to die this year from CO either...

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Drill a small hole and put a sheet metal screw (or self tapper) or a band clamp might work if you can get it to clamp down. I think I just put sealant on mine, pushed it together.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Sep. 19, 2008 1:28 pm

You should secure every joint with 3 screws, if in the event you have a small "backfire" the pipes will come apart if you don't.

europachris

Post by europachris » Wed. Oct. 01, 2008 1:36 pm

I have a direct vent 90, so I have 4" outlet size. No screw holes so I used a stainless dryer vent hose clamp to secure the pipe to the outlet. The rest of the exhaust system is Simpson Pellet Pro, so the joints are all twist and lock.

I don't think there's much chance of a carpet stoker backfiring or puffing like a hand fed or Axeman stoker. But, I did find the vibration from the DV unit would slowly "shake" the pipe off until I secured it.

Chris

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”